- Red-Stemmed Wild Grape - ampelocissus indica Medicinal use
- बबूल के औषधिया प्रयोग - (babool or Acacia arabica Medicinal uses in hindi )
- अशोक वृक्ष - Saraca asoca (विवरण, फायदे,uses in Hindi)
- Moringa oleifera (Drumstick tree)
- Double Coconut, sea coconut or Coco de mer Medicinal uses
- Bhandira (Clerodendrum infortunatum) Medicinal uses
- Priyangu (Callicarpa macrophylla) Medicinal use
- Pudina (Mentha piperita) Medicinal uses
- Jupha (Hyssopus officinalis) Medicinal uses
- Country borage (Parnayavani-Plectranthus amboinicus) Medicinal uses
Herbs - Medicinal plants usage and Identification Data base
Sida rhombifolia Linn.
Habitat Throughout India, in moist places.
English Common Bala. Ayurvedic Mahaabalaa, Mahaasamangaa, Sahadevaa, Kshetrabalaa.
Unani Bariyaara (red-flowered var.).
Siddha/Tamil Athi Bala-chedi, Chitrmutti, Tennacham.
Action Plant—used as a supporting drug in pulmonary tuberculosis, nervous diseases and rheumatism. Leaves—applied to swelling as paste. Stem-mucilage—demulcent and emollient. Used internally in skin diseases and as a diuretic and febrifuge.
The Ayurvedic Pharmacopoeia of In dia recommends the root in deficient spermatogensis and oedema.
Alkaloids, ephedrine, si-ephedrine and cryptolepine, are reported from aerial parts. The root contains 0.054% alkaloids, beta-phenethylamine, Nmethyl-beta-phenethylamine, vasicinol, vasicinone, vasicine, choline and betaine. These alkaloids are also present in the aerial parts.
Alcoholic extract of the root exhibited antibacterial and antipyretic activities.
Proteins, linoleic, malvlic and ster- culic acids have been reported from seeds.
Dosage Root—3—6 g powder.